Game-Labs Forum

AOS Battles

LAVA

So before jumping into the campaigns, I have decided to play all the battles first. 

Here is the Sea of Gold Battle:

And here is the battle Inconveniences. Don't think I've seem many folks complete this battle with a victory.

As I finish the battles, I'll post them here.

I fight the Fireworks battle with some spectacular results. One of my fire ships sets 2 Spanish Men-of-War on fire as I pin them to the coast. Though I am pretty lucky in this particular battle, the key to victory is maintaining a 2 vs 1 fight with the ships that must survive (HMS Richmond and Romulus). The fire ships can be used to either set your enemies on fire, or serve as decoys to prevent the enemy fleet from firing on you ships.

In this battle the HMS Richmond is more than capable to take on the 2 Spanish sloops on her own (although I mishandle her at the beginning, allowing the Spaniards to fire on my troop ships). Once the sea battle is complete, I move the HMS Ceres to provide gun fire support for my amphibious landing. Your marines are then able to take the village, flank right and take the batteries. A pretty easy battle in which you should be able to destroy all Spanish forces in the scenario.

In this video I fight the two Cavalry battles. I dismount most of my Dragoons, keep in cover and flank my enemy. Remember to always try to scout the entire map if you have the destroyed the enemy as you might find hiding units, and in this case supply units.

OOPS!

I discovered that by publishing my videos "for kids" Youtube automatically locked comments. That's been fixed, so please feel free to comment if you like. Comments, many times are very helpful to me and so have at it if you want.

I'm not a pro Youtuber. I just do it for fun. Guess that shows.