Game-Labs Forum

3 Gui Suggestions

Apologies if any of these have already been spoken about. I went back 10 pages in this forum and couldn't find any topics that were obviously on these subjects.

Anyhow. In least to most contentiousness order.

1. Post Death Camera.

When you die you have the option to leech onto another ship in your fleet to carry on watching the action. Great, love it. However. As their name plate takes the spot of the normal target nameplate, I have no idea as an observer of the action how things are going. Well I can see how well my team mate is doing defensively but have no idea how they are doing offensively.

Can we not replace my nameplate with theirs and have the right hand plate function as normally? I mean I'm dead. I know that, you don't need to continuously remind me of my abject failure ;)

Possibly there's a valid game reason for this? I've only been playing a few weeks so don't know if this was once different.

2. Team Mates Speed.

I have only progressed to the Snow so far, and am now ( post patch ) working my way back up to it and through the Naval Brig. I am acutely aware that the ships above me are A. More important and B. less maneuverable. So one sails trying to be a good team mate and not get in the way etc. However, given these ships have different characteristics etc I was wondering if it might help things to have the speed of the target on the nameplate as well as the other information.

I know I can see the amount of sail that ship is using, but I don't necessarily know how 50% of your top speed relates to 50% of mine. Given how long it takes to go from full speed to a dead stop I think this little bit of extra information could help avoid collisions and inconveniencing the bigger ships.

( regarding enemy ships, you could do it, but I think that would potentially have gameplay implications I haven't thought through. So given that this suggestion is just about interacting better with friendless )

3. Cannon Aim Reticule.

Ok this is again from a small ships point of view. Specifically when on bumpier seas. or when your ship is listing from side to side. When you only have a few guns that initial ranging shot is a much bigger % of your total broadside than a single shot from a ship with many more guns. If you roll a bit the initial shot is essentially wasted as you have to do another shot to get on target again. I have had situations when 50% of my broadside has been eaten up like this.

So what I was wondering was if we could discuss the notion of a "Ghost" icon. Simply the location of the reticule when you last made a shot. There would only be one and it would be updated after every shot and once u flipped out of aim mode it would be reset to nothing. I think something along these lines would make the smaller ships a little more effective and fun to play and not really be game breaking. I don't know if it would have an impact on things at a higher level though, but I do know it would help with the lower level ships ( well in my opinion anyhow ). Be interested on hearing what other people think on this one, as I do think its the idea with the most wide ranging gameplay implications and the one that people will either love or hate.

Anyhow - those are my ideas. Hopefully not worthy of too much contention.

Cheers