Game-Labs Forum

New Soundtrack - Immersion Breaking Flashbacks

GDFKTT

For the most part, the new soundtracks are nice but there is ONE - just ONE....ARRGH!

I don't know which track it is (the name of the piece itself) but every time it plays I'm magically transported from the bridge of my flagship in the heat of a valiant sea battle back into 1990s Chicago. Suddenly I'm watching Dr. Richard Kimbal (Harrison Ford) running from the Chicago police and a team of Federal marshals led by Tommy Lee Jones while trying to find the one armed man who killed his wife and framed him for the murder.  Yes indeed, the main theme from The Fugative  is now in this game.

The developer may or may not be aware of this or maybe it's a sort of haha Easter Egg from a dev but I thought it was worth reporting as much as a personal gripe as well as a chuckle item for the rest of you who may not have realized it and will now be similarly affected as you are made aware or else just think it's funny it was troubling enough that I reported it here.

it IS good dramatic music...  I do like it as music (it fits my general taste for classical music)...  It just breaks my immersion in this context.

Edited by GDFKTT