Game-Labs Forum

New Brigade Bug

ArmyMando72

I have run into this in my Union Campaign that I just started.

I am unable to choose what type of recruits to stock new units with. I have tried reloading the save, going into the next battle and finishing it, and starting a completely new campaign. Nothing seems to fix it. Sometimes when I add men using the slider, it chooses rookies and sometimes it chooses Veterans...I do not know how to make it switch to work around it. 

I have a Steam screenshot, that for some reason I cannot download to just post here. Above the unit slider, there is essentially no Veteran or Rookie box to check. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2111732869

It does not affect my Confederate Campaign. 

An uninstall and reinstall did not fix the problem. 

An uninstall and reinstall did not fix the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and  Steam; after I had already deleted all files in the LocalLow folder. After doing this, I am extremely frustrated...that seems like the end all be all. 

The only idea I have left is to plug a save from elsewhere into the folder. 

Would anyone be willing to email me a new save file at the start of the first Union Battle? (Tactician - Infantry - Politics - Colonel Difficulty) I would sure appreciate it. 

Any other suggestions?

Final Edit: I found a STEAM support thread showing this exact same problem from 2016 (in the Beta I believe), guess this one didn't get fixed. 

Edited by ArmyMando72
Updated Info & Request for Help

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but, here goes.

I have encountered the same issue.  I am new to UGCW and over the last few days have started and abandoned several campaigns as the Union to get a feel for the game.  My first few attempts did not have this issue.  I was able to select Veteran/Rookie replacement types for all my new brigades up through Fredericksburg, at which point I started a new campaign without saving any of the throw-away game files.  However I noticed this issue with the new campaign I just started.