Game-Labs Forum

Campaign Post-Tactical Battle

Warbie

I did like the tactical battles in the naval academy and especially the detailed effects after a ship sinks (the oil slicks, life rafts etc,) but since in the campaign mode, the permament fleet (i.e the status of ships after a battle, no matter how strong they are, would be based on their floatability, damage and crew experience) would be decisive in the upcoming battles if the fleet does not anchor at a base. I wonder if it could be reflected in the campaign, especially after the battles. A strong battleship with heavy damage and inexperienced crew perhaps would like to return to base instead of seeking another battle, but they will be more resilient afterwards.(like the divison perks in Ultimate General) Or like the German High Seas Fleet in 1918, after taking too much damage in an engagement, they would reject further combat until repairs are done to the fleet. This could be a difficulty level which could be nerfed/disabled before you select a campaign. And since thereĀ are life rafts, you could help and save your (and a true admiral would save the enemy's) life rafts from the sea in return for more renown or political power, as was done in the UG: Civil War post-battle Army screen too, and the effects would have more meaning to your campaign progress than just being eye-candy.

Edited by Warbie
  • Like 4