Game-Labs Forum

Problem with shortcut

when i click on the icon or the actual file UAD, it comes up with the message 
The item 'launcher.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

I have scoured my entire system for the launcher.exe and it is nowhere on my PC, it isn't even with the file from the installer (and i have deleted and redownloaded this multiple times). 

Any assistance would be good as i paid full price for access to the alpha build.

40 minutes ago, snyperfire93 said:

when i click on the icon or the actual file UAD, it comes up with the message 
The item 'launcher.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

I have scoured my entire system for the launcher.exe and it is nowhere on my PC, it isn't even with the file from the installer (and i have deleted and redownloaded this multiple times). 

Any assistance would be good as i paid full price for access to the alpha build.

Greetings Admiral,

Please open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

In case the launcher is intalled properly a folder will appear with the launcher.exe file.

In case you get an error message, most likely the launcher was not installed correctly and you have to install it again

well in that case may i request a refund, because i've reinstalled it multiple times and followed the same forum path before multiple times. 

i don't understand what is going wrong, my PC is well within the requirements and my internet download speed and such are all fantastic, 

2 minutes ago, snyperfire93 said:

well in that case may i request a refund, because i've reinstalled it multiple times and followed the same forum path before multiple times. 

i don't understand what is going wrong, my PC is well within the requirements and my internet download speed and such are all fantastic, 

Could you please clarify if you tried to open the folder with the launcher.exe file?

4 hours ago, Ink said:

Greetings Admiral,

Please open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

In case the launcher is intalled properly a folder will appear with the launcher.exe file

There is no launcher.exe file, every other file that id imagine are required for the game are there, but not that file. i have spent a few hours this morning (03:00 GMT) uninstalling and reinstalling.

i run the installer and at the end theres a tickbox for run UAD, i have it selected, hit done and nothing happens. Look for the file within the area it is saved and there is no launcher.exe  or launcher file. A friend of mine has show what theirs looks like and they have the file that i don't

Edited by snyperfire93