Game-Labs Forum

Battlecruiser v. Dreadnought designs

Shaftoe

I have used Mixed Tech bonus.

Design:

xra9NU9.png

jrl0OZn.png

Won 3 out of 5 battles, it's battlecruiser so it's not easy to win against a dreadnought.

You can sacrifice 127mm secondaries for either more armor or bigger main armament but i do not recommend using 330mm guns with balanced tech because of their long reload.

Anti-torp is not needed cuz you are fighting only one dreadnought that will most likely not hit you with torpedoes unless you will get really close, but by that time, he would already eradicate you from existence.

Firepower Tech Bonus is pretty weak, because yes your main armament is much better in every case, but you must sacrifice many aspects of your survivability, including speed.

Surv&Man Tech Bonus is a little bit better than Firepower Tech Bonus but your main armament will suffer incredibly.

• Like 1

This is my winning design. Poor long range performance, but it can quickly close the distance and survive a brutal close range battle, if angled properly. Provided the enemy doesn't have extremely big guns...

I wish more hulls and superstructure choices were available for this mission, though...

2020-1.thumb.jpg.cdede5135ff58c2fbacf422e5abde170.jpgign. 

2020-1.jpg

Edited by Shaftoe
  • Like 1