Game-Labs Forum

? About new tech tree

skg02

Like the latest tech tree. Question is what is effect for researching Marines, Spike bayonet? Does this mean ie you auto get bayonet or more of them muskets in your shop to arm troops? Can Marines be part of maxing out your non troopship crews, or otherwise what are Marines capabilities in game terms? 

Want to know to make choices for Snakes & Powder mission as I replay Brit campaign.

Researching marines lets you build the new marine unit type on troop ships. They are presumably better than other units at boarding but no one knows the actual numbers.

Researching bayonets opens up buying currently unlocked rifles with bayonets in the shop. Though currently this is bugged and it opens up far more weapons than it should.

Thanks. 

Did a trial myself and bayonet gets you more bayonet rifles than were available before, but its limited. 

The Marine units didn't seem like anything special, but I didn't play much with their rifles either - decided to get bayonet, but not Marines too. 

Marines condition seem to be 10% greater than fusilier.  Equal ranked and similar officers used.  Selected both units and run across the map until fusilier condition goes to 0, marine unit has about 10% condition remaining.  

• Like 3