Game-Labs Forum

Duplicate Brigades

N. B. Forrest

I have noticed that the AI has duplicate brigades on occasion with the same size and general, is this a bug and if not what is the purpose and how can it be disabled. Also it seems like there are duplicate generals or wounded generals in my barracks that are not from my Corps. Is this also a bug still.

Thank You gentlemen for the great work you have done and continue to do, your efforts are greatly appreciated and have successfully kept me from getting a good night sleep for many nights.

Edited by N. B. Forrest
Wrong

8 hours ago, N. B. Forrest said:

I have noticed that the AI has duplicate brigades on occasion with the same size and general, is this a bug and if not what is the purpose and how can it be disabled. Also it seems like there are duplicate generals or wounded generals in my barracks that are not from my Corps. Is this also a bug still.

Thank You gentlemen for the great work you have done and continue to do, your efforts are greatly appreciated and have successfully kept me from getting a good night sleep for many nights.

Can you provide more details on what you mean by duplicate brigades? Battle, unit name, etc? You're not using one of the mods correct?

Sometimes the wounded officers from allied units will end up in your barracks. Usually just a small bonus, but you can always dismiss them if the duplicates bother you.

Yes I am using your Mod J&P Re balance 1.26.1

The first battle Potomac Fort sometimes will have 2 identical union brigades or my own Confederate will have 2 Birney brigades in the same battle, I have also seen 2 identical Stuart cavalry brigades show up or identical artillery battery's when starting a battle, if I reload it may duplicate other brigades or none, seems random.

I think I read there was a random chance of duplicating brigades in game as a difficulty modifier in the config file, is this correct, I believe I found the file and changed it to 0.

2 Birney Brigades 1000 men each both same general, if this was indeed a feature then I think it is resolved.

screen_2020-02-25_17-03-34.thumb.png.8fa49017fc8ab2616a8019f9cd0195e7.png