Game-Labs Forum

Plans for expansion

noonanda

Question for the developers, is there any plans to make Quad Turrets so ships like the King George V of WW2 fame can be built? Also (and I know it has been mentioned) can the place where you put the Superstructures be adjusted by not having limited drop point so that a ship like the Nelson or Rodney could be built?

Also potential for future mods would be allowing for different calibers of main gun selection. As this would effect Range and penetration, this would be a great development. I know that "Online multi=player ship game" has the upgrade ability.

Quad turret were leaked a couple of months back, so they will be a thing possible alpha 4 or 5 at the least. I think they are working on making ship building more fluid (i hope so anyway) so that we have more control on how ships look and stuff.

Depends if they hard coded most of it or they went down a more open source route (hopefully) if they went for the former you might as well forget it, the latter that will probs come alpha 6+ or during beta and/or release.

Think there was a thread made by @Absolute0CA i think or least he came up with some gud suggestions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Quad turret were leaked a couple of months back, so they will be a thing possible alpha 4 or 5 at the least. I think they are working on making ship building more fluid (i hope so anyway) so that we have more control on how ships look and stuff.

Depends if they hard coded most of it or they went down a more open source route (hopefully) if they went for the former you might as well forget it, the latter that will probs come alpha 6+ or during beta and/or release.

Think there was a thread made by @Absolute0CA i think or least he came up with some gud suggestions.

You wouldn't happen to know of the reason the ship builder was drastically changed from what was shown in the steam trailer, with the modular hull construction, to what we have now? Or if the dev's intend to move in that direction once the basic editor is finished?

18 hours ago, Ruan said:

You wouldn't happen to know of the reason the ship builder was drastically changed from what was shown in the steam trailer, with the modular hull construction, to what we have now? Or if the dev's intend to move in that direction once the basic editor is finished?

Think it was due to it being highly complex to implement (since you have to take into account other ship amour schemes and layouts plus also where the model could actually join up together), Im not sure if the devs will go back to it but i know they are focusing on getting balance out of the way then showcasing the campaign and getting feedbakc for that, not sure how seamless the modular construction would be if implemented.

I would like to see it implemented at somepoint however, but done properly and not shoved in haphazardly without second thought. Not sure if that clears up anything at all.