Game-Labs Forum

Crash During "Modern Battleship" (Naval Academy #31)

Dr Death

Hey! I just got this game (10/22/19) and I absolutely love it! Can't wait for it to be finished, I can only imagine the finished product if this is the alpha!

Anyway, I was having fun in the Naval Academy mission #31. I had built two super-super-super-Yamato type ships using the $145K allotted. Both ships had (15x)18" each, coming out to be a total of (30x)18" from my two ships. They also had incredible belt armor, coming in at 30" (I think? can't remember...) So they pick off the enemy BB's, the first volley disabling the targets main guns. Fast forward -> all the enemy BB's are dead, and there's only a few DD and CA left, but one of my ships has had it's engines crippled and rudder too, so is a sitting duck! It was absolutely amazing as I watched it soak-up/tank huge amounts of torpedoes and lose very little structural integrity... but alas it couldn't return the fire because the conning tower had been effectively destroyed, so it was a sitting duck and acted as a tank. My other Super-Yamato-V100 was able to keep its distance with very little damage (all of which had came from the enemy BB sunk earlier) and was having a good time sniping the remaining DD' and CA'.

Keep in mind, I've been recording it this entire time. I wanted to put it on my YT channel, but as I got to zoom in on my crippled S-Y-V100, the game crashes and the footage is lost (not that important anyway, can always make another video.) I just wanted to point that out... I've tried it multiple times (about 10) but always when it gets down to being a few ships left on the AI' team, the game crashes. 😪

On 10/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, Dr Death said:

Hey! I just got this game (10/22/19) and I absolutely love it! Can't wait for it to be finished, I can only imagine the finished product if this is the alpha!

Anyway, I was having fun in the Naval Academy mission #31. I had built two super-super-super-Yamato type ships using the $145K allotted. Both ships had (15x)18" each, coming out to be a total of (30x)18" from my two ships. They also had incredible belt armor, coming in at 30" (I think? can't remember...) So they pick off the enemy BB's, the first volley disabling the targets main guns. Fast forward -> all the enemy BB's are dead, and there's only a few DD and CA left, but one of my ships has had it's engines crippled and rudder too, so is a sitting duck! It was absolutely amazing as I watched it soak-up/tank huge amounts of torpedoes and lose very little structural integrity... but alas it couldn't return the fire because the conning tower had been effectively destroyed, so it was a sitting duck and acted as a tank. My other Super-Yamato-V100 was able to keep its distance with very little damage (all of which had came from the enemy BB sunk earlier) and was having a good time sniping the remaining DD' and CA'.

Keep in mind, I've been recording it this entire time. I wanted to put it on my YT channel, but as I got to zoom in on my crippled S-Y-V100, the game crashes and the footage is lost (not that important anyway, can always make another video.) I just wanted to point that out... I've tried it multiple times (about 10) but always when it gets down to being a few ships left on the AI' team, the game crashes. 😪

Greetings,

The crash is a known issue and we are working hard to iron them out. Thank you for the feedback and patience.

Once crash happens again, could you please locate output_log text file in the game flies (Games\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\default\game\build_Data) and send it to ink@navalaction.com with a brief description on what mission and after what (if its clear) it happened, if you haven't do so yet.