Game-Labs Forum

Union Hosed Always?

But such weak Union morale all the time? Really?

Great game, just love it. Visuals amazing sprites moving well.

But some serious imbalance issues: Union is hosed almost every game. Morale settings are atrocious for the Union. Berdan sharpshooters routed with mild contact and at a distance with friendlies nearby. Really?

Played little round top and experienced confederates with tons of re-inforcements and ultra high morale? Not much of a game really at that point. Look Union should have lower morale, fine, but you may have set it just a little too low.

Listen, you must keep in mind that most players want a sort of meeting engagement. You want folks to buy the game, they must feel that the playing field is even. They want to win, so giving anyone an excuse to look at the game and say: “ Nah I didn’t like it, Union wasn’t fairly represented with quantity and had too low morale “. You should fix that.

The battle delay is a bit annoying. If the Union is hanging on by its fingernails and or has really lost the game, what’s the point? Maybe some of us have to go to work? But of course that’s subjective too. I love the concept, but it doesn’t seem to be working right.

Keep up the great work! Great game, I mean really great.

Nah..its about selling software, not running the players through a university crib note system. Most fellas want to sit down and play a great even sided game that offers possibility. Ask folks to start studying notes, and well, you lose them. Sure I'll read the notes, but will another guy? He'll get discouraged and off goes another buyer.

Hey, played devils den all day as Union. Reinforcement randomizer brought in twice as many Confederates on one game. So here you have low morale and enemy is twice as large. Historically, hey great! But in regards to a fun game that's sort of even: forget it. And I can tell you most people are looking fun an even game to start.

Cheers!