Game-Labs Forum

hello from the land down under

Captfluffy

Welcome Aboard, Captfluffy.

I also have the great pleasure and honour of being an Aussie (Sydney). I don't know if there's many more of us, but there is a thread titled something like "Where do you come from?" and after several pages of reading, I had to post and say that I was Australian, and I was the first to do so. Perhaps the other Aussies are shy (or too lazy to answer).

The game is from the Ukraine, with servers based in Germany (more planned .... PLEASE one for Australia/NZ).

I get a fairly constant ping of about 350 (with about 78 fps on Ultra setting), and find the game is very playable for battles. There is no missing a shot because a player ducked behind a rock in this game (unlike WoT).

post-6995-0-47363900-1421676321.gif

Welcome Aboard, Captfluffy.

I also have the great pleasure and honour of being an Aussie (Sydney). I don't know if there's many more of us, but there is a thread titled something like "Where do you come from?" and after several pages of reading, I had to post and say that I was Australian, and I was the first to do so. Perhaps the other Aussies are shy (or too lazy to answer).

The game is from the Ukraine, with servers based in Germany (more planned .... PLEASE one for Australia/NZ).

I get a fairly constant ping of about 350 (with about 78 fps on Ultra setting), and find the game is very playable for battles. There is no missing a shot because a player ducked behind a rock in this game (unlike WoT).

attachicon.gifcheers.gif

this isnt a fast paced game so you could prob get away with a little ping , or play a big line ship , they move slow , ive played other games base in eu , and eve online which is based in iceland .

Indeed,

As stated, no rocks to "duck behind" quickly here. I get a ping of between 150 and 300 on the Asia server for WoT, and sometimes you miss because of the ping and "damned lag" (honestly, that's the reason). Of course, in an even faster-paced game like War Thunder it is crucial to have a good ping rate.

post-6995-0-21904500-1421677266.gif

Indeed,

As stated, no rocks to "duck behind" quickly here. I get a ping of between 150 and 300 on the Asia server for WoT, and sometimes you miss because of the ping and "damned lag" (honestly, that's the reason). Of course, in an even faster-paced game like War Thunder it is crucial to have a good ping rate.

attachicon.gifcheers.gif

ya i used to play that game as well #shudder# , to many noobs on there now 

• Like 1

There IS an Australian-based "Guild" or "Clan" called BOON. There is a thread here (see "List Of Posted Naval Action Groups/Navies - Updated Jan 9, 2015" thread on the Guilds, Clans and Trading Companies Forum). Their "Commander" is LordBlowtorch as advertised there. In the initial thread, there are lists of Guilds/Clans etc, their commanders, and a method of contacting or joining, but there is no such information provided for "Boon". He simply replies to this thread, and apparently has provided no further information.

I hunted around a bit to find where I could look at them, and then decide whether I wished to sign up, but could find nothing. I guess you could PM the commander to find out more.

What sort of Guild/Clan/Navy are you looking for? What do you see as your main activity in this game when it becomes Open World (HMMMMM....Open world....GURGLE....)?

For myself, I don't think a fully regimented Navy career would be for me, nor would the other end of the scale, a hunted and feared Pirate. I am thinking of a private contractor, that might deliver small to medium cargoes around the world, or to be tasked with protecting another captain who is delivering such a cargo. That sounds like a Guild, or "East India Trading Company" type of Guild/Clan/Trading Company. Exploring and discovering and mapping and treasure hunting might be fun as well, but I don't want to be forced to do something I'm not too keen on, especially if the vessels we buy/earn/are presented with are LOST when we lose them.

post-6995-0-63236500-1421683196.gif

There IS an Australian-based "Guild" or "Clan" called BOON. There is a thread here (see "List Of Posted Naval Action Groups/Navies - Updated Jan 9, 2015" thread on the Guilds, Clans and Trading Companies Forum). Their "Commander" is LordBlowtorch as advertised there. In the initial thread, there are lists of Guilds/Clans etc, their commanders, and a method of contacting or joining, but there is no such information provided for "Boon". He simply replies to this thread, and apparently has provided no further information.

I hunted around a bit to find where I could look at them, and then decide whether I wished to sign up, but could find nothing. I guess you could PM the commander to find out more.

What sort of Guild/Clan/Navy are you looking for? What do you see as your main activity in this game when it becomes Open World (HMMMMM....Open world....GURGLE....)?

For myself, I don't think a fully regimented Navy career would be for me, nor would the other end of the scale, a hunted and feared Pirate. I am thinking of a private contractor, that might deliver small to medium cargoes around the world, or to be tasked with protecting another captain who is delivering such a cargo. That sounds like a Guild, or "East India Trading Company" type of Guild/Clan/Trading Company. Exploring and discovering and mapping and treasure hunting might be fun as well, but I don't want to be forced to do something I'm not too keen on, especially if the vessels we buy/earn/are presented with are LOST when we lose them.

attachicon.gifcheers.gif

once the game gets up and running one of us aussies could start a company or guild etc , 

G'day from Melbourne,

a few shipmates and I will be joining you guys on the high seas once NA hits steam, or they resolve the pay pal issue, which ever comes first ;)

Aussie, Aussie, Aussies, oi, oi, oi, .... our War cry ... pretty frighting hey ;)

and our victory song lol

[media]

cheers me hearties

G'day from Melbourne,

a few shipmates and I will be joining you guys on the high seas once NA hits steam, or they resolve the pay pal issue, which ever comes first ;)

Aussie, Aussie, Aussies, oi, oi, oi, .... our War cry ... pretty frighting hey ;)

and our victory song lol

[media]

cheers me hearties

that should be soon