Game-Labs Forum

You Wanted an Outlaw Pirate Nation? - The mechanics for it already exist!

An Outlaw Pirate Nation

I had this idea: If I wasn't going to be doing other stuff in game I would probably have tried it, but I am, so I won't. But I thought I would share the idea in case someone else wanted to do it:

Ever said 'The Pirates shouldn't be a Nation'? Want to play in Outlaw Solo Pirate style and not really interested in being in a clan? but might enjoy a more loose association with players who play NA in a similar way? Current Clan focused Game Mechanics can deprive solo players of content and/or the resources they will need. Outlaw Pirate Nation solves this!

How it would work work:

One player creates a clan 'OUTLW' in Pirate Nation. No Officers. No rules. Solo Pirate players join and there's your nation.

Some Rules for creator only:

RULE 1. Any and Every Pirate can join. If a player asks for an Invite they get sent an invite, no convo required, no exceptions (unless it's full - see below). Just as if it's the new player loading screen, just like you can't control who joins the Pirates you can't control who joins OUTLW either, it's completely open, it's a NATION. 

RULE 2. You can't be kicked from OUTLW, no matter what. If you are in you are in unless you leave, no exceptions apart from rule 3 below. 

RULE 3. Once per the Month any member that has not logged on for one month gets kicked, no exceptions. (of course you can always rejoin anyway).

RULE 4. The creator is responsible for liaising with Pirate Clans to get on friendly clan list so Outlaws can have access to Port Bonuses and rare woods etc. In return they can provide PB players, screening fleets, provide Mercenary Services or pay money, tax etc. Whatever, sky's the limit. If managed well this could provide a valuable extra asset to the 'host' Pirate clan and some fun content for the Outlaws.

Clan chat: This is now essentially Outlaw Pirate 'Nation' chat. Share intel, arrange events, hunting fleets, goods exchanges etc with other members of the nation, exactly like any other Nation chat.

Black Market: at a set time or whenever convenient you could have the ability to exchange (barter) goods within the nation. The CWH acts as a market for those goods to be stored and exchanged by the creator. You might need a spreadsheet/discord channel to arrange exchanges, requests for goods etc. It could be simple or a really complex busy trading hub, depending on how much time the creator has to manage it.

And there you go: A NATION of solo outlaw Pirates! Done!