Game-Labs Forum

Sea Legs

Megiddo

In my high school and college I did quite a lot of sailing, loved it!   But I remember laying down at night going to sleep and feeling the motion of the boat.

Well, the other night I'm laying there thinking... what?   Sea motion!   I had a laugh.

Thanks developers for bringing back great memory's.  At a fraction of the cost ;)

It's like when you get off a caravel ride (merry-go-round is a good example) and try to walk... you be a little wobbly.

But with boats it's more subtle, but lasts much long (in my example, into the night).   You can close your eyes and feel like your still on the water.

I used to get that from spending all day on my family's fishing boat, as a kid. Roller coasters can give you that "I'm still moving" feeling, too.

It's like when you get off a caravel ride (merry-go-round is a good example) and try to walk... you be a little wobbly.

Oops. Carnival rides work too, I guess.

• Like 1

I spent a week and a bit sailing on the Bounty replica from Auckland to Norfolk Island, and had a difficult time walking when I disembarked. I was continually compensating for the deck to rise up and meet my feet, and made for some funny gaits on land. Same thing again when we reached Lord Howe Island (another week or so), and again in Sydney.

A very strange feeling indeed.

post-6995-0-46788600-1421315523.gif

• Like 1

I spent a week and a bit sailing on the Bounty replica from Auckland to Norfolk Island, and had a difficult time walking when I disembarked. I was continually compensating for the deck to rise up and meet my feet, and made for some funny gaits on land. Same thing again when we reached Lord Howe Island (another week or so), and again in Sydney.

A very strange feeling indeed.

attachicon.gifcheers.gif

How cool that must have been!!!   Sailing on a true square rigged ship.