Game-Labs Forum

Nations providing different benefits.

Since some people prefer to do different things such as RvR/PvP/OW Ganking/Trading/ PvE I do not believe the community will ever progress towards finding a solution to balancing the game unless they add game mechanics uniquely defining each nation.  I am suggesting each nation provides a passive benefit such as % speed bonus/% HP/thickness/trading benefits/pve benefits/etc so you don't have players complaining about their nation only doing this or only doing that. This will make it so when a new player starts the game he will have an idea of what the nation does as a whole and what type of play style he would like to do. Not including hardcore nations, currently the only benefit to joining a nation is the amount of players and this results in an unbalanced game. You could even add disadvantages to nations such as decreased cargo hold/slower ships/etc.

There should be three nations that are well rounded for everything providing a slight bonus to everything, the majority of players will join these nations. Pirates should only be able to use up ships up to 4th rates or have boarding/speed benefits in battle. There could also be a nation that has larger reinforcement zone/PvE/trading benefits so players from PvE server might possibly start playing again because higher population looks a lot better. Hardcore nations could possibly gain bonuses to RvR/OW PvP but have decreased cargo hold/higher taxes when purchasing things. Not everything I suggested is set in stone, it's just a general idea on what you could do to change each nation. Please feel free to give ideas on which passive abilities each nation should get or not get. Please refrain from arguing or changing the topic to something irrelevant.

Edited by Lord Gud