Game-Labs Forum

Signal Flares and why they should be part of the game PLUS weather.

Today i had an occurence where in a heavy storm in a PVE game me and my 2 squadron mates finished cleaning up 2 ships and now with one remaining we had to find it, trouble was with the heavy storm there is fog.

At the time are allie was engaging the target and we couldnt see either of them or which direction they were from us, so we prompted him to shoot so we could find his muzzleflash this worked and we found them both, Signal flares should be used in the OPEN WORLD for reasons i will list in the following points and also what weather they would be usefull in.

Pirates enagage a trade ship----> A signal flare such as red could be fired to alert everyone in the zone that you have been engaged by pirates and would be shown as a actual flare in game creating an immersion that would make the game more playable.

Signaling to allies where you are ----> this could be used as a way to find allies AND show where ships are in heavy fog to eliminate rams.

All in all haveing a global chat in game wont help poeple find you if your in trouble and a flare would be a point of reference that would be easy to use (hotkeyed) to allow realisim into a easy and proggramable feature, PLUS crafty cammanders instead of useing voice coms could use signal flares to operate there squadrons giveing the none voice com crowd the ability to organize and be as effective as voice comms (give or take a few seconds of reaction time) 

Thanks for veiwing!

• Like 3