Game-Labs Forum

The pirate vs pirate system has not made too much sense to me considering it is not historically accurate nor implemented well in this game (its easily exploited when ganking). It also does not make sense why other nations cannot attack their own players if they want to. This leads me to suggest a different system: let any player attack anyone they desire. But if they attack their own nation, they become outlaws. Outlaws are banished from their nation and forced to outpost at free ports (similar to what the developers originally suggested pre-wipe). After all, in real life, you probably wouldn't be allowed to move freely between ports if you wage war against your own nation. 

Pros:

1. players can attack whoever they want

2. identifies known traitors

3. penalizes players who kill their own nation  

4. groups all players who want to free-for-all together

5. makes historical sense

With that said, the biggest hole i see in this system is an option for a player to return to their nation. One solution could be to make them pay a hefty fine and place a mark next to their name to identify them as a "recent outlaw" (lasting 1 month). I'm sure others will find other reasons to shoot this down, but it seems like a better system that what we currently have IMO. 

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 1

outlaw battles dont make sense - was chasing 2 pirates (both same clan) earlier and just before we get into tagging range, pirates start outlaw battle.

Ok fine - so we join one side and end up capturing one pirate, but the other one is sunk by his own clanmate before we can cap him.

it doesnt make sense and it too easily abused.