Game-Labs Forum

Weapon/Enemy army loadout Scaling

Godlovesu

Hi,

I've been playing Confederates on Hard and I have a question regarding opponent scaling. Does the AI enemy weapon loadouts change depending on your whole army? 

I'm asking because in this run for Confed,  my army had a few squads of skirmishers and melee cav to help take out units, However, on Rio Hill, My whole army got wasted by 3 vet skirms  with what I think were spencer repeaters.and 3 vet LeMat Cav charges. 

realizing I couldn't progresss, I loaded the pre-battle save then disbanded my all my cav and skirmishers in every army and replayed the battle and suddenly all their skirmishers were only vet 1, with smith carbines and their melee cav turned into ranged spencer carbine cav. 

Is this intended? I noticed this before, but it was especially a gamechanger on Rio Hill, changing it from impossible to difficult but passable. While understand the concept of a challenge, this  essentially meant that I shouldn't ever use skirmishers or cavalry because the AI will switch to weapons that render my whole army useless 

Some notes:
1. Even if they were in a separate army not involved in the battle, AI loadout changed to assume that they were. (I.E even if I had a single skirmisher squad in my third corp and only used first corp, all AI skirmishers would suddenly have Scopes or spencer rifles, same with cav. They'd all suddenly change from carbines to LeMats that would destroy my troops even in woods) I feel that this makes getting some units undesirable. I now only stick with inf and art brigades because they make the enemy army spawn to not include melee cav.

2. Veteran/Weapon upgrades depending on army. In Rio Hill in particular, I noticed 3 star skirmisher brigades when I had one star skirms and cav, but 1 star skirmisher brigades when I didn't, even though I have 3 star infantry brigades. The former caused a wipe, the latter didn't. This inconsistency allows for a 'gaming' of the system. I don't know if it ought to be more consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

@OP

There have been reported issues of this, a patch is in testing that should fix the issue.

1 hour ago, Bobby Fiasco said:

Sorry this isn't an answer to your question, but how can you see what weapons enemy units have?

You can either have Level 10 Reconnaissance or play out the battle and see what weapons your enemies dropped.