Game-Labs Forum

Starting out has been very difficult, i can not afford the cannons needed to perform in larger ships than the pickle, trading doesnt exist as there is no where that has anything within a 4 hour round trip, which isnt worth the time, i dont have that much time to spare. As such I suggest more trade good consumption in capitals and a higher output of all trade goods. 

Take note of what trade goods are sold for in your nations capital,  I actually created a spreadsheet to make it easier for me. Then go to a nearby enemy port.  There is probably something there that you can make money off of.  Yesterday I made a huge mistake, I got down to 16k gold after harvesting Oak, do not do what I did.  You want at least 100k to be able to fill your boat with goods.  But I was able to make it back to 126k from 16k doing trade runs.  I'm sure all the really money making materials will be bought but there will be something at enemy ports not too far away to make money from. You will not need to sail hours just to make some money. I hope this helps. :)