Game-Labs Forum

Legendary Mode

GeneralPITA

Anyone playing on legendary and actually complete the campaign?

I've only gotten to Gaines Mill, I prefer hard mode, but I imagine Antietam is nearly impossible to win as CSA and you need to save up your rep points in anticipation of a draw.

Add your suggestions to improve this difficulty. Post screenshots of your cumulative kills, etc. 

Played through the Union in its entirety, and TBH you have to game the system in a lot of the maps.  Especially Fredericksburg and Marye's Heights.  It is impossible to take the heights.  And, if by some act of god you do, you will not be able to continue after Fredericksburg because of the losses you took.  I kept my entire army bottled up on the bottom corner of the map, let the clock wind down and then sprinted to capture Telegraph Road while I finished up at the bottom.

South Mountain was an absolute mess as well.  But it is possible to win every map at least as union.

Edited by USPostman
  • Like 1

I have found that if you keep your unit sizes relatively low, (1500 for my recent playthrough) Legendary is a lot more manageable. I have completed Gettysburg (Day 1, natch) and the only truly difficult missions were Stones River, Rio Hill and thrice damned Cross Keys. Played through under Iron Man rules only replaying Chancellorsville after the Hotfix for the Day 1 Victory.

I'm not saying any of the missions were Truly easy and Antietam was a brutal and vicious scramble for most of the battle, but it is most certainly not impossible.

Manpower isn't even a problem (none bought with Rep) but I was constantly low on Money from keeping my small brigades vetted up.

20170217194448_1.jpg

• Like 1