Game-Labs Forum

Chancellorsville issue

mtg71286

Hi everyone first time posting and love this game. I am confused about this battle. so i captured the camp on the first day and yet on the second day my forces are back at their original starting point and have no idea why. Almost makes me think attacking at all prior to the second day was a complete waste of time.

Historically, the battle did last several days.  April 30th, to May 6th.  So to make the game similar in a historical setting ... yeah it needs multiple days.

The point being that on May 2nd Jackson's flanking move took so long to execute and align, (thanks to the woods,) that it never really got rolling until late afternoon, around 4 or 5 p.m. giving him only about 3 hours of fading daylight.  Less actually while in the darkness of the thickets of the forests.  So the flanking maneuver was called on account of no more daylight, the troops rested on their arms, during sporadic shooting all night, and by the time they got leaders in order, (Jackson, Hill, and several other competent leaders injured in the first night's attack,) a.k.a. J.E.B. Stuart, the battle was resumed.

So yeah setting you back is more historical despite your ability to beat out the game.

That said however, I've also seen battles such as Shiloh, 2nd Manassas to name a couple end a day early based on the player's achievements.

Again the point is this is still early release, I have no idea how rushed the Devs might have been to get these other two battles out and haven't presented enough coding to over-rule game play based on player results.

Edited by A. P. Hill
  • Like 1