Game-Labs Forum

create list of op owners in port

Herman,

I do like the idea, but more to Chijohnaok's way of thinking "walking the wharves...". The visibility would only be available once you've docked, not from another location or an API feed. And in the spirit of the walking you'd come across information about ships that just left...

Maybe adding a Officer Perk mechanic "shipmasters port log" which will show the port entry and exits of vessels from said port from the last server maintenance roll. Or a one time "Bribe Masters Port Log" function costing X-amount...

Norfolk nChance

6 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Herman,

I do like the idea, but more to Chijohnaok's way of thinking "walking the wharves...". The visibility would only be available once you've docked, not from another location or an API feed. And in the spirit of the walking you'd come across information about ships that just left...

Maybe adding a Officer Perk mechanic "shipmasters port log" which will show the port entry and exits of vessels from said port from the last server maintenance roll. Or a one time "Bribe Masters Port Log" function costing X-amount...

Norfolk nChance

My bold emphasis above.

This I like.  

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with "walking the wharves."  That's what I meant by being "in port."  If the devs concerns are "too many to list" perhaps there should be a certain limit per port on the number of outposts permitted at each port.  After all, dock space had limits.  Might result in players having to utilize many of the ports which are now seldom used.  

Herman,

the list will only be from the last server cycle and that particular port. It already partly exists in API form now, I remember the earlier version of this site had the individual port traffic and time. This is a great piece of API retrieval, but in my mind stepping too far over the line. IMO  

http://navalports.mdb-dev.es/

I took your idea with my thoughts and did a post on STEAM page as well to see what comes up

rgds

Norfolk