Game-Labs Forum

Routing retreating troops, and their speed.

Adelthorne

Routing and retreating troops, have to much speed.

Even a charging Cav can sometimes have hard to follow, since they are not hindered buy the terrain, like rivers, woods, swamp etc.

Even worse if they stick to edge of the map. When they hit the corner edge they bounce right through the pursuing unit.

I have chased a Cav with my Cav and one Skirm back and forth, now for a almost a entire battle of 1st Winchester.

If I chase a unit to a border its should be  allowed to leave the Battle at least.

And somehow they are not counted as exhausted, as my pursuing troops eventually would get.

40 minutes ago, GeneralPITA said:

I believe routing troops ignore conditioning and flee at charging speed, which would explain why your tired troops cannot catch them. It's annoying, I know, but imagine if this mechanic was not in place? 

I belive that it would be a much better game play, as for now I need to micro manage a charging troop.

And no, a flleing troop still need to check its conditioning.

Nxt up is 2 skirmisher try to catch up with a fleeing Artillery, the run away and can set up their guns.

A fleeing, routing Artillery should leave their guns.

This is not just annoying its silly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GeneralPITA said:

I believe routing troops ignore conditioning and flee at charging speed, which would explain why your tired troops cannot catch them. It's annoying, I know, but imagine if this mechanic was not in place? 

I can totally imagine that, and it sounds like a better game. Having artillery rabbit and outrun attacking infantry, while pushing their cannons and losing no Condition, is ridiculous and shatters immersion.

In real battlefield a routed unit would be very difficult to be chased down, because if the pursuers don't break formation they won't have the same speed, and if they do, then they've just put themselves out of the battle as much as the pursued.

• Like 2