Game-Labs Forum

battle phases

sonnypemberton

In UGG, one of the most appealing aspects of the game was playing though a battle and the computer remembering each phase, or to be able to roughly remember where your units were for the next phase.

This works for Shiloh as CSA, but is horrible for Union. CSA can push push push and every phase will remember just fine, but I hate playing as union and not only holding the ground but repelling and countering the csa, and suddenly be jerked back to the next position - not holding my formation etc. I had great positions in both areas, and then suddenly my units all teleported to the landing in a royal mess.

If we are being allowed to change history, we need to have some flexibility in the phases during the major battles.

Yes there are two instances where this is annoying to me.  

One is at Shiloh as Union where you are transported back to Pittsburgh's Landing even if you hold forward positions at sunset on Day 1.  Especially since in order to win you have to carry one of the three other VPs besides the Landing, this is annoying.  

The other is as CSA at 2nd Bull Run Day 2 where your primary defending corps is mashed together instead of spread out like they are at the start of Day 1, and your second corps is also transported back to the left side of the map.  

However, like I said it is annoying, not game-breaking.

what IS potentially game-breaking is the bug where units 'forget' their orders in-between phase transitions.  For example if you order a unit to charge but then re-enforcemnts come and the map 'pauses and shifts' to do it's little text thing where the map moves to show where your new troops are entering the field, once action re-starts, that charge command is GONE but you still have to suffer the cooldown.  not cool, I've had this bite me a lot.  I have F 11'd it many times so hopefully it will be fixed.