Game-Labs Forum

Cargo Prices and Weights

Since the Lowest price Resources like American Cotton, Salt etc are having 1 kg weight. I suggest there weights should be around .50 kg.  Because there prices are very low and not craftable i thnk (correct me if im wrong) better the weight for this cargos should be .50kg or lower. Not like tobacco, which sells 700 + but it has .50 kg weight. 

Salt, is a mineral, like iron or copper ore, so is therefore heavier than tobacco, which is a plant material (leaves). I don't know what the weight of American Cotton is in the game, because I have never bothered with it, but as it is a plant, it should weigh approx the same as tobacco.

Whilst on the subject of goods and consumables, that can be bought or sold at various Ports. Can anyone tell me what the following are used for, Swedish Iron and Historical Artifact? These two items always seem to cost more to buy, than can be sold for. 

Salt, is a mineral, like iron or copper ore, so is therefore heavier than tobacco, which is a plant material (leaves). I don't know what the weight of American Cotton is in the game, because I have never bothered with it, but as it is a plant, it should weigh approx the same as tobacco.

Whilst on the subject of goods and consumables, that can be bought or sold at various Ports. Can anyone tell me what the following are used for, Swedish Iron and Historical Artifact? These two items always seem to cost more to buy, than can be sold for. 

Swedish iron have no use as it is at the moment. It will be used later to craft Swedish/danish 1st rates (maybe also 2nd and 3rd rates) Just like Le Ocean is consuming french whine.

Swedish iron have no use as it is at the moment. It will be used later to craft Swedish/danish 1st rates (maybe also 2nd and 3rd rates) Just like Le Ocean is consuming french whine.

Thank you for that Vaz. I never thought that French Wine had any part in crafting "L'Ocean". So I assume Danish Beer will be used for Danish ships. Does American Cotton play a part in crafting the "Constitution"?

Thank you for that Vaz. I never thought that French Wine had any part in crafting "L'Ocean". So I assume Danish Beer will be used for Danish ships. Does American Cotton play a part in crafting the "Constitution"?

American Cotton currently plays no part in crafting the Constitution or any other American ship.

The other "national" resources currently (or eventually will) play a part in the first rate ships of that nation.

The US currently has no first rate ships (nor have I seen any indication on the horizon that there will be an American first rate ship introduced).  In reality the US Navy had few first rate sailing ships ever introduced and those few that were would generally fall outside the time period that the game currently encompasses.

See:  USS Pennsylvania 

and

US Navy ships of the line