Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Downtime Flag Exploits abusing Combat Screen Logoff

Tonight on PVP2, British captain John Bernard Shaw Cable purchased a conquest flag against the regional capital Misteriosa slightly more than 1 hour before server downtime. He carried the flag to port alone in his Bellona, hoping to take it off-hours unopposed. However, the US defenders managed a small fleet of 2 Ingermanlands to intercept. As the fleet approached the flag carrier, JBSC turned away to run. As soon as his pursuers got in range, he initiated attack, ensuring that when they got in range, ensuring that the starting position would be too far for anyone to keep him in battle, allowing him to escape.

By this time, additional reinforcements were waiting at the logout screen to catch the flag carrier again. However, he hasn't appeared after 30 mins. He logged off in the combat summary screen.

Now I know that exploiting combat summary logoffs isn't tribunal material, but in this case it's a flag carrier. And the defenders have to camp his logoff spot until downtime, otherwise he can log in at any time and plant. In essence, they can force a defending force to have to stay up late while the attackers get to call it a night early. Not cool, a clear abuse of game mechanics, and against the spirit of the game!

I would suggest a minor change to avoid this: if a player holding a conquest flag logs off, the flag is destroyed and the assault is ended.

It is not an exploit we are talking about, but that on a side note

I do agree on a personal level that some change might be needed, therefore i encourage you to open a topic regarding this in the game mechanic section.

Be mindful, in that section only the discussion of the mechanic is allowed and not any accusations.

Locked.