Game-Labs Forum

Game is garbage after update

Ray_p

I traveled back to Fla this week.   When I logged into the game last night it did an update.   Basically the game just freezes now and acts like it is constantly buffering,   map is unavaliable for seconds at a time and it happens very often.   Just tried a battle and it locked up.   Unity based games are not supposed to do that.

If anybody from the developers reads these things I'm pretty disappointed that I paid money for this in it's present form.   It really chews CPU and memory.   I'd really like a fix for this as I enjoy playing the game.

If it plays like this your gonna have alot of unhappy customers like me right now

Bit confused here:

You talkin about patch  0.86?  Was This the patch u downloaded last night?

Release of Last update was Aug/14/Patch 0.86 Updated 18/8, understandable

if u haven't played since before/updated 14 Aug.

Patch 0.9 is not yet released?

Change log/fixes that are coming with.9.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1500-upcoming-patch-09-approaching/

I last played the game on Tuesday so whatever caused the update that is what I loaded after that date.  Basically my prime consideration is how much CPU this game is using especially on the July 3rd battles where there are alot of graphics.   I can play other games with no issues, and my PC has been tweaked to enhance it's gaming capability.  The lapses are very annoying and really effect the quality of gameplay. 

Well theCPU is throttled 93%, I would say a game file or 2 is corrupt.

You should check  n Verify the integrity Of game Cache >-Game library-UG:G-

properties- LocalFiles, < 3 mins

After Validating if any files are corrupt it will reinstall new file(s) on next startup.

If all files are Validated, and you still have the same problem, I would simply reinstall.

If it still doesn't run correctly, I believe the problem is a bit deeper.

Start Steam, At the top left there are 3 headings n ur online name.

Store -  Library -  Community - *user name*

Click Library Than right click on UG:G

Click properties

Click the  Local Files Tab.

Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

than wait ~3 mins. Than it will give you n update to your Files/Cache.

If that doesn't do the job a reinstall would be your next step.

Hope things get fixed for you soon,

Cheers,,,,,,,

Well this has been reported by a few here n in the Steam Forums(lockup/freezes). The Devs are aware of this problem.

Did you happen to read the thread with the upcoming 0.9 Patch? Lots of fixes/additions etc in the pipes.

Remember this is still in EA. I have the micro freezes .5-1.5 secs. n when in full battle I ocassionaly have the lockup.

I have to Alt-Tab-Delete to Task Manager to quit game. This is all Part n Parcel of Early Access(Beta/Bugs fixes/Testing etc.)

BTW have you been adding/removing programs?, Do you have the latest drivers(Video/Sound)?

Have you been doing maintenance to your PC on a regular basis?

How often does it lock n when(Full battle conditions for me after I have been playing for a while.)

Good idea would be, Go to PC Pit Stop n check you machine out(Quick register n Test your rig) To give you an Idea

of how your rig is working.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/default.asp

Cheers,,,,