Game-Labs Forum

I don't know where to post this but I hope you read it. Cheers

Attn: Naval Action Developers and fellow Community.

CREW SPACE ATTRIBUTE BALANCE

The attribute Crew Space and the amount of crew added should be dependent on the quality of a ship and a percentage of its Base Crew Space (IF IT ISN’T ALREADY) rather then a static number. Much like how hammocks works, this would make Crew Space a more tactically viable and popular choice when building or buying a ship. It wouldn’t have to be to the extent of what Hammocks can do for ones’ ship, otherwise you’ll over powered amounts of crew, but it needs to be increased never the less.

I’m thinking 1% for Basic, 2% for Common, 3.25% for Fine, 4.5% for Mastercraft and 6% for Exceptional. Now either you could calculate how many crew this would give each ship of each quality and continue with static numbers or you could formulate it. Also this attribute should be calculated pre Hammocks, so that said static numbers would probably be easier and cause less bugs.

CREW SPACE BUILD ATTRIBUTE – Worse Case/Santisima Trinidad

Base Crew – 1050

Modified

BASIC 1% - 1060

COMMON 2% - 1071

FINE 3.25% - 1084

MASTERCRAFT 4.5% - 1097

EXCEPTIONAL 6% - 1113

FLEET MISSION BALANCE

So I thought I’d bring this up while I’m at it, I’ve been encountering 2nd Rate St Pavel’s in Flag Captain missions, now this would be fine. But the problem is that Post Captain missions you are still encountering 5th Rate ships or lower. I’ve not once seen a 3rd or 4th Rate ship in my Post Captain fleet missions. For anyone entering Flag Captain missions for the first time in a ship that well frankly isn’t a 1st Rate, especially alone, is going to get quite the shock, having not been prepared for such fierce foes. The first time I entered I turned 180 degrees in the opposite direction and got the heck outta there.

That being said I know there is quite the Crew jump from Post to Flag Captain (600-800 respectively) I digress in expressing that I have not seen any 4th Rates and at least 1 -2 at most 3rd Rates. I do believe that crewing 3rd Rates as a Post Captain is viable, although under crewed. I would expect to see at least 1, 3rd Rate and no more then 2.

I hope that you consider my balance proposals and wish to hear from you all soon…

For Queen and Country.

Commodore. InversoSk3lo.

• Like 1

The first part, ya, um, I've no idea what the built-in upgrade of crew space does for the ship. To me, it didn't seem like much of anything.

And the second part, I've made plenty of posts about this. I've been in FM battles where the enemy had 1000+ BR difference compared to my team. Just quite ridiculous.