Game-Labs Forum

Retreating Troops and there effects

I recently started a new game as the confederates against an aggressive Union AI. I had a situation where I had taken Oak Ridge and was defending it with Davis and Archer supported by Brander and Marye's artillery.  I broke Baxters regiment on McPhersons ridge and he subsquently routed back towards Oak Ridge. His unit was broken and flashing running straight through my divisions, when he rallied and caused everyone of my divisions holding Oak ridge to fall back and reform south towards the seminary where they were tore to pieces.

My question is why would troops rally in the middle of a numericaly superior force ( over 2200 rebs were holding the ridge)?

Why would the pathing route them towards union forces that they were currently engaged with, would they have routed towards Oak Hill or Mcphersons ridge which were held by the confederates?

Great game so far, Thanks for listening.

I have to chip in here as well. The pathing for routing/retreating units definately needs fixing because I too am seeing things which should not be happening. Too often are enemy units routing through my lines, only to rally behind my lines and then casually walk over and sit on VP locations. For a game claiming excellent AI, this really is very poor. Couple this with those ridiculous skirmishers and vedettes roaming willy nilly and this is, more often than not, all adding up to be very very frustrating indeed.

Added to this I have to also agree with the OP about my own units. I keep seeing my units retreat towards the enemy they are supposed to be running away from.

• Like 1