Game-Labs Forum

How do you move all the crew from Gunnery to Boarding?

I'm very new to the game and trying to work out a lot of the quirks and mechanics of the game.

I've been trying to carry out boarding actions but I don't know how to get a lot of crewmen onto Boarding.

It seems like I can't move more than half the capacity from Gunnery, as in my max Gunnery is 48 and I can't seem to get it below 24. So when I turn Gunnery off and Boarding on my Gunnery still shows 24/48 crew.

Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong?

I've been on a search and been unable to find the answer anywhere on wiki, reddit or forum posted guides.

Hey xero180,

If you turned Boarding on only, you should have the max possible crew allocated to Boarding. If there's some crew left available, it is allocated automatically to other tasks.

You can find details about the new crew management here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11499-new-crew-mechanics-proposed-crew-compositions-discussion/

They function as toggles, so if you want to leave more people on sailing and none on guns while boarding, hit the gunnery button and it will grey out.  Boarding will stay at maximum, but the remaining gunners will move to sailing focus.