Game-Labs Forum

new conquest mechanics

It seems to me that the main problem with port battle is not the battle itself but how it`s is triggered… How about a system where conquest would be a bit procedural. What if all player could contribute to a system where basically AI would decide when and where to launch an attack. This is just a concept, I have actually no idea if it would work or could work, I haven`t think about all of it, think of it of the remains of a feverish dream.

Let`s say we are all pawns of greater power, call it Admiralty or whatever, and this entity is actually AI for each nations. AI would decide when to start the port battle, based on the actions of the players, ally and enemies, in a certain area. Player could influence that decision by certain actions or by just merely being in the area. I realise it could be similar to POTBS unrest, but with more layers. All action would sent an amount of points to a decision pool, and once certains levels of points are reached, certain mission would unlock, to ultimately come to some kind of fleet engagement. Those points and the pool would be invisible to everyone

-Lets say you roam an area at the border between two ports, certain points are added into the pool, you are basically patrolling an area, no mission is given you are just there on your own.

-You attack enemy npc, more points is added to the pool

-The opposite AI detect action and create missions to patrol that area, Player pick the mission travel to the area, more points to the opposite pool

-The two player see each other, and engage, encroachement, more points

-Both side trigger large npc fleets in the area,  more people in the area, more encroachement

-Area is in full contention, both side get more missions to patrol or to sink in the area

-certain missions unlock to deliver supplies to border ports, those missions are filled, invasion fleet is ready

-when there enough player of both side are in the area, a large marker appear on the ocean and a mission appear to everyone in the area, large fleet engagement,

-the ai of the winner get to launch his invasion fleet, this would work like present flag delivery and port battle except the flag carrier is AI.

Now this would be under the hood, you would only see the missions generated a bit the same way we have now, it will force to only have large battle when both side is present, thus making sure no battle would be empty of defender,  you would not know the boundaries of the area in contentions, just a vague idea of where it`s at, that area could be still quite large, like a game day of sailing distance. AI would only pick border towns to create a single front line, and no border hopping

• Like 5

I would set the points requirements quite high so that you would need to be involved for a couple days to actually trigger a fleet engagement...

Also maybe have more than one fleet engagement, if the first one fills in 5 min, then trigger a second one, the total BR lost would be decisive factor...

and if defender decide to not show up (hoping to prevent the creation of the fleet engagement that require both camp to be present) and the attacker keep putting pressure bydoing missions and sink npc in the area, after a few days, the PB get launch anyway, or the port changed hand automatically,

i guess i`m still feverish....How about Pirates would`nt have that system, the could jsut buy flag like right now at quite a high price. but once the flag is triggered or after the PB, all neighbour nations would trigger missions to the area, and the requirement to retake the port would be much lower to counter attack and all nations could join that port battle, if the nations win the port goes back to original owner

Edited by ulysse77
  • Like 2