Game-Labs Forum

Controls

I would like to see all my controls on an analog axis, similar to manual sailing.  Where when you press the key it moves along its axis.  When you stop pressing, the movement stops.  Double tapping moves to the max.  I would like to see this ability for the rudder, lowering and raising sails, 

I don't like how the rudder recenters when I let go.  Especially when you are just getting that turn rate right tuned to not overshoot your broadside.  Now I know you CAN do it with sails.  But I would like more options in the heat of battle.  And I would imagine in real life they did just go from full left to full right and center.

The sails, for the same reason.  Many time I need to 50% sail to match speed.  So you sit there toggling power/depower.   It doesnt seem realistic.

BUT I would like to see an additional control.  Instead of just using T to power/depower, I would like to see another key matched with T, and have the ability to control the up and down of those middle sails.

Now some won't like this idea.  I get they are used the way they do it.  But I would like the ability to toggle it.  I am not a programmer, but I think its a relatively simple addition since all the axis and controls seem to exist already.