Game-Labs Forum

Taking Prize

In age of sail it was common after taking a prize that a boarding team took over the prize and sailed to a friendly harbor. This boarding team was then missing in the full size of the ships crew.

Could it be possible after boarding, for example a contraband with all his goods, to send the captured ship to an outpost in combination with reducing the own crew?

• Like 1

I think this was already discussed in the past. 

That would be a part of ship maintenance as well as limited ammo and ship provisions. Which means the whole new system needs to be implemented. Taverns for example would supply crew, while shops would make sure you get Provisions and ammo. 

I mean I'm all for realism as long as it doesn't negatively effect game-play.

After awhile ideas like this just become tedious.

Soon ill need to provide my crew citrus, fight off mutiny,  allow for ship leave in pleasure ports of call.

I actually just posted a thread about a similar thing. Being able to capture a ship and take it with you as part of your fleet instead of having to just send your flagship home and then sail home in the ship you captured. Being able to capture a ship, split your crew if needed (I'd like to see it possible to take over a ship without it's crew being at 0, a chance that part of them surrender to you). Something like sid pirates. 

After all, they have artwork at the load screens that depict this exact thing. There is an art piece that shows a ship towing another ship with a rope. 

• Like 2