Game-Labs Forum

JJ's Suggestions & Game Improvements Thread. (UPDATED 27/06/2014)

JJ's Suggestions & Game Improvements Thread. (UPDATED 27/06/2014).

Update 2 16.51 27/06/2014.

(Not all of these are my own suggestions others have suggested things also).

I just wanted to stick everything in one simple post!.

1. Drum & Fife.

Personally i think the drum & fife are needed for regiments in the game it would make battles more intense.

2. Officers visable in regiments.

When playing i always thought ... why no officers marching with the troops ?. I mean, yes we have proper officers boosting morale and thus... but it would be great to see officers leading the regiment and being able to see them marching with the troops.

3. Menu music.

The game seems to be missing music at the menu screen and also during battles. It would be very nice to have authentic menu music.

4. Option to choose different weapon sounds.

It would be really nice if we could choose between weapon sounds and have different variations.

5. Allow users to choose what unit cards they desire.

It would be nice to allow users to choose what unit cards they want. (Nick recently asked about 4 unit cards).

6. Allow users to choose if they want realistic ammo on or off.

Simple option at the start of each battle realistic ammo on or off.

7. Introduce a speed slider so we can speed the game up and down. (Like 2x the speed or slow motion etc).

I think it would be great if we could speed things up a little in singleplayer and slow them down.

8. Put an option in the game to have blood on or off.

Not everyone likes blood it would be nice to have the option in the future to turn it off or on if it gets implemented.

9. Realistic uniforms for regiments & generals.

It would be great to see the team add realistic uniforms for regiments and generals in the future.

10. Allow users to dismount cav units.

Allow users to disount cav units but give them a bonus on foot. (Possibly faster shooting because they would carry shorter rifles).

11. Background Menu Screens.

The game currently has no menu background screen.

12. Improved Sprites for PC.

It would be great if the PC version got better sprites thus improving visuals and being able to zoom in more.

Cheers!. (Will continue to update thread upon what i consider could improve the game).

Font sizes increased as per request.

• Like 1

I think all four of these could be great. 

Personally, I'd like to see a fully customizable battle mode, rather then just the option to replay battle scenarios. Being able to create your own battles would allow the player to experiment with different tactics and add an even greater depth of replayability. Make it possible to do so co-operatively and that would be amazing. 

• Like 1

I think all four of these could be great. 

Personally, I'd like to see a fully customizable battle mode, rather then just the option to replay battle scenarios. Being able to create your own battles would allow the player to experiment with different tactics and add an even greater depth of replayability. Make it possible to do so co-operatively and that would be amazing. 

I agree that would be very good indeed :).

• Like 1

1. Drum & Fife.

Personally i think the drum & fife are needed for regiments in the game it would make battles more intense.

When playing i always thought ... why no officers marching with the troops ?. I mean, yes we have proper officers boosting morale and thus... but it would be great to see officers leading the regiment and being able to see them marching with the troops.

3. Menu music.

The game seems to be missing music at the menu screen and also during battles. It would be very nice to have authentic menu music.

It would be really nice if we could choose between weapon sounds and have different variations.

It would be nice to allow users to choose what unit cards they want. (Nick recently asked about 4 unit cards).

7. Introduce a speed slider so we can speed the game up and down. (Like 2x the speed or slow motion etc).

I think it would be great if we could speed things up a little in singleplayer and slow them down.

Not everyone likes blood it would be nice to have the option in the future to turn it off or on if it gets implemented.

It would be great to see the team add realistic uniforms for regiments and generals in the future.

Allow users to disount cav units but give them a bonus on foot. (Possibly faster shooting because they would carry shorter rifles).

It would be great if the PC version got better sprites thus improving visuals and being able to zoom in more.

Cheers!. (Will continue to update thread upon what i consider could improve the game).

1. Yes please

2. Sure why not

3. Yes please!

4. No... I know muskets sound different, but i don`t think this is necessary at all to vanilla game... I don`t like this suggestion at all. 

5. I would be fine with this, but not necessary in my opinion. 

6. I belive you mean limited ammunition? If limited ammunition gets into game, then yes please.

7. I want this! 

8. No, it would not fit the style, blood is good in games like Total Wars, but not necessary in this kind of games, you would not even see it really...

9. 8, you would not see it properly so not needed

10. This would be nice to have

11. No reason not to have it. 

12. I am fine either way, but if this happens, 8 and 9 would be nice to add too. 

2 and 9, 12..completely not need atm or in any near future. Last thing to do in my opinion, unless its 5 minute job?

10 - what would happened with horses?

What shorter rifle have to do with bonus? It would actually be quite opposite ..shorter rifle - less range/ less firepower.

They dont need bonus, since they already have one - Horses, Manoeuvrability.

I totally agree with the rest.

The whole point of suggestions are to suggest not to force anyone to do anything :). Of course some are not needed but the ones in here are the ones i see mostly all of the time in the other thread, however in them threads its much harder for developers to read through it all when i can update this thread now and again when needed. It's not going to be perfect and some suggestions we wont all agree on but if the developers feel the need to stick some of them who are we to disrupt that unless a good reason to not do it can be clearly given?.

Oh yeah, but since you placed them so high on list people may think that is more important including me hehe.

Here is my suggestion:

Estimated enemy strength, not exact. Option. 
Atm we know exactly how big of a force is facing your unit. For example : you facing Iron Brigade with 1334 trops. 
Thats in my opinion too revealing. It should be 1200-1400. 

But when enemy unit is more in your sight, it should slowly be more and more accurate.

Of course I would prefer it as a option. So you could switch it on or not ;)

• Like 1

1. Drum & Fife.

3. Menu music.

1) in addition to this, flag bearers would be a nice aesthetic touch.

2) Also a nice aesthetic touch, but unecessary.

3) This would be appreciated, it would definitely help to spice it up.

4) No.

5) I have no idea what you mean by unit cards. Honestly.

6) No. Dont even have realistic ammo at all. Its too much to micro manage, and it could push some newer players out entirely if they don't know about it before hand.

7) Yes pls.

8) Maybe.

9) This would be fantastic, but difficult to do. Since brigades are made up of different regiments, you'd have to modify the units in such a way to spread the uniforms of the different regiments around the brigade.

10) Ehhhh. I dont think so.

11) true story

12) This would be fantastic.