Game-Labs Forum

Bugs experienced when combat-testing new trader-lynx/cutter

Styles

Tried to gather some feedback for the new low-tier trading vessels, but didn´t have a fight without problems.

I have filled ingame reports, but i´m not sure what could have caused the main issue (could be vessel or grape-related, or a simple calc-error)

I´m posting here aswell, so the more experienced testers see this and can do a bit more research if they like to.

Main problem i had: Crew kill-numbers are bugged.

In a 30 min fight basic lynx vs a trader-cutter (took my time, as i also wanted to see how grape works now), i somehow managed to kill 677(!) of his crew-members.

Brought his armor down to 50% first, then graped him to 0 crew. Took him 2-3 min (while still sailing normally) to pop a repair. It was the only repair i´m aware of and he got back up to 8 crew + 80-90% armor. Graped him again down to 1 without worrying about armor, reloaded doubles and sank him.

Next fight was vs a trader-lynx (like the cutter manned with 19 crew). Again, reduced his armor (20% roughly), then graped to 0 crew. He instantly popped the repair when reaching 0. Graped him while the repair was ticking (3-4 volleys), but sank him quickly with doubles after - leaving him on 1 as he went down. Result: killed 11 crew. Should be slightly more i guess?

I´m not sure how injuries are taken into account, so i could be wrong on this one - but more than 600 killed on the cutter is...well...flawed? xp was correctly calculated for 677 crew-kills btw

The trader-lynx also had a sailing-bug. He was roughly pointed at broad reach on full sails, making 4kn. (sry if sailing terms are mixed up..newb here) I was alongside him, same speed with "dead slow".

• Like 1