Game-Labs Forum
BPHick

Everything used in Battle Should be Limited

1 hour ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

I started a giant bonfire and tossed this idea and the OP in it......

Oh, my! Harsh.

On 10.2.2018 at 12:51 AM, blubasso said:

Very sorry if I insist, but with this system ppl jump in a big ship, not knowing how to sail and how to shoot (your words, and I completely agree with you). It's like you give me a very fine, sharp and balanced sword, give me 1/2 hour fencing lesson then promote me as a swordsman and send me in a battle, against pro fencers.

You wont learn how to fence against wodden pve blocks, doesnt matter if you hit them 100 or 200 times.

You will learn it though if you fight a pro fencer and analyze your mistakes

21 hours ago, CaptainSparckles said:

NO! Big ships will lose in front of the small one or the small one who can carry a small amount of balls won't be able to take a Gros Ventre .

huh? 

If you read closely, it really won't have an effect other than to tone down the shooting at masts and sails with reckless abandon since there won't be unlimited ammo to do that with anymore. at 30-40 broadsides worth of round shot per gun, you would have more than enough to sink via hull hits.

On 1/21/2018 at 1:40 AM, BPHick said:

Limited ammunition also makes limiting repair effectiveness to more believable levels less unbalancing (since it no longer becomes simply a game of exhaust the other person's repair capacity and then you win).

The reason why we need so many repair kits is because we have so high damage.

We want weak masts that ends the game, if we dont have repair kits.

We want high stern damage that ends the game, if we dont have rum.

Now we call this bubblegum fix as a "skill".  Even though it is pretty clear that games that don't have healing potions are in general more skill based than games that have.

10 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

The reason why we need so many repair kits is because we have so high damage.

We want weak masts that ends the game, if we dont have repair kits.

We want high stern damage that ends the game, if we dont have rum.

Now we call this bubblegum fix as a "skill".  Even though it is pretty clear that games that don't have healing potions are in general more skill based than games that have.

Some repair ability in combat is realistic, a bit more in OW (except the heal all crew by serving alcohol). Tweaking repairs has been going nicely as well. But those changes only make the issue of unlimited ammo all the more noticeable.