Game-Labs Forum

Boring

Rigge1988

Question

So. Here's my current opinion and my personal rant about it.

I just realized how boring this game has become.

Now. Going out for OW pvp, you can sail hours on end finding nothing. And this is something directly connected to low server population imo.

So you go back, thinking about doing a mission or two against AI just to not sit and spin ship. So you grab a mission which ends up in enemy territory, a place you might not wanna go solo since your friends that you sailed together with for OW pvp went to play something else. So you cancel  that mission and grab another in hope it will show up closer to where you might feel safe to do it.

After picking and canceling 130 mission you go out and do whatever.

You sink the ship(s) and go for loot. Now you get NOTHING. Nothing of value for a max lvl hero captain. All you get is gold and combat marks. So when you've collected some 5000 combat marks you don't care about combat marks. And when you have 40m gold you don't care about 350k gold.

You feel empty. Hopeless. And you attack an OW AI fleet just for fun and you get basically equally worthless loot. Well, with a 0.000000000001% chance of getting something useful like copper plating or book of five rings BP.

So you, or atleast I. End up in harbour. Jumping around, doing trades earning money that way. Cause it's fun to see numbers increase. Not that it matters but something is happening. All this while waiting for a port battle to happen. So the french attack us, nice you think. You go there. Empty port battle. Fun times entering PB and tabbing out to watch youtube.

If the loot tables don't get more interesting we better pray for a really good UI that might add freshness to the game. But I bet it's for a short period of time.

TL;DR

Game has become way more boring since loot tables got changed (or fubar if you like).

ee7.png

9 minutes ago, Rigge1988 said:

Will we by any chance see any changes to the loot tables soon? Or will there be any content coming soon?

Better Loot requests were here about year ago and were rejected/ignored. I do not think we will see any real content any time soon. By real I mean:

-Open Market, advanced trading opportunities. 

-Massive loot variations with mission connections. Ship drops.

-Fleet variation and their content. 

-Achievements and dailys. 

-Interactive open world map. 

12 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I do not see how better loot will improve things or bring people back to the game. If there is better loot in PvE people will just grind it till they have so much of it it becomes worthless and if it is better loot in PvP, people will complain that it gives an advantage to PvP players creating an even bigger gap and a barrier to new people entering PvP (unless it is items like paints or items that do not improve performance). But even with loot like paints, once they are regular drops people will farm them till they have so many and then they are back to square one saying they are bored.

Before the wipe when they had the PvE and PvP challenges I used to regularly place in the PvE challenge top ten and I had so many paints and ship notes I was giving them away. I guess what kept me playing that was attempting to improve the timing, but even then it eventually got boring as they kept the opposition the same so once you worked out the tactics and right setup it was wash rinse and repeat, which became quite boring. In the current game it is easy to farm skill books by hitting NPC fleets inside the safe zone, it just becomes a matter of luck to get the rarer ones. I currently still do this a lot as I am grinding up slots on various ships, but once I have the slots unlocked I am sure it will lose its attraction.

So basically I do not think more loot will fix things, what the game needs is to generate some form of accomplishment from the actions you do. If you are a PvE'er and you do missions or hit OW traders or fleets that should have some effect on the world in general rather than just being a method to farm xp and gold. If you are a PvP'er your PvP battle should affect the world to a greater extent than PvE to reflect the greater risk. Even if you are a trader, doing a trade run should have some effect other than just making you gold. In short make people believe their actions are affecting the world to some degree rather than just a farm to generate wealth and amass goodies.

Then your mindset is not designed to develop games. Try something else. We need unique thinking here to overcome problems that plague NA. I am not going to repeat myself hundred of times and I do not post ideas that have 0 positive effect on game health. 

Edited by George Washington