Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion regarding bonuses and penalties associated with modules

I've been examining the module stats.

Some of the modules are a trade off between the module's benefits and disadvantages.   For example, a module that increases armor might decrease overall speed.

That makes sense, as design elements of a ship will affect one another.

What does not make sense to me is that as the quality of the module increases, the ratio of advantage to disadvantage remains the same.   A common module has the same ratio of advantage/disadvantage as an exceptional module.  

It seems to me that an exceptional module should have a higher advantage in proportion to the disadvantage.  

So, if a common module grants a +5% armor bonus and imposes a -5% overall speed penalty, an exceptional module of the same type should grant a +10% armor bonus and have a -7.5% speed penalty.  

Currently the quality of a module just increases the bonus and the penalty, rendering some of the high quality bonuses a bit too extreme in their negative effects to be useful.  

depends, if you take the armor, it's basically putting more weight to the ship. But i think it should be balanced out by copper plating that gives 1% speed bonus. But the problem is that copper plating goes up to 2.5% while armor goes up to 5%. So maybe to offsett a upgrade you should pay with a other upgrade slot.

• 3 weeks later...