Game-Labs Forum

Fishing/ lobster potting and crab potting.

When we get fishing, I propose to have pots laid in the open world or, in some sort of an instance.

The pots will work as they typically do in real life, fill over a set period, and depending where you place them. ( please note I'm not sure if they did or did not use pots)

Time periods of "till full", will be effected depending on historical, pots used. That is to say the small pots take less time to fill (obvious reasons) and bigger pots will take longer, now pots need bait, fish come into this so depending on the type of bait could very well fetch you different crab/ lobster at least species.

How will the time work, I'm undecided on this one whether it should fill with In game days meaning, for every 24 hours In game time that would be the pots have filled slightly or randomly (no instant fills) 2-5% fills. Or for every hour in Real life this would fill.

Having that boats did not have sonars to look for the best potting areas, randomly generated areas, within the given sea around ports that change every week RL or two weekly. So example:

Joe puts pots on cords x: 100 y 100, and leaves it for two weeks comming regularly to rebait, he finds out that his rate of crabs per day is good, how ever the reset comes in and joe finds he is no longer getting as much as he used to. This finding a new spot becomes important, encouraging information between fishermen to be shared.

Finding your pots maybe tricky and having markers will beak the navigation feature, so fishing spots could be limited to areas in view of land, you f11 your location, or markers only appear when, you are 100-50 metres radius of your said location, or have fishing spots everywhere, and make deep water fishing more challenging but bare greater rewards.

I do not feel any notification should be given to any player that their pots are full, it's almost like pavlovs dogs, ding dinners ready... So it's up to YOU to find your pots and maintain them, as for getting them out the water, well I just hope they had boues (spelling?) to mark locations in oceans.

Thank you for reading comment on anything else that can be added or improved.