Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion for more in depth boarding

So I tried to get my friend to play NA. He told me that he liked the ship vs ship action, but what he disliked was the boarding part. He thought that a boarding system where you can choose parts of your crew to do different things would be cool. For example that you choose one part of your crew to stay at the ship and defend it, and then choose another part of the crew to attack. I thought this was a good idea, because it makes you feel that you're more in control of your crew. First I thought that it probably would be too hard for you to implement into the game, but you have made a game before that uses similar mechanics. Off course, this isn't something that would be that easy to make, but maybe in a year or two when the most important stuff is done?

Edited by Krissyboy

personally I think they should do away with the boarding in this state as your left to your imagination as to what's is happening and lose all immersion.

Ac Black flag got it right imo.

1. boarding is still a vital part of the game, how else are you going to capture a prize or get the traders cargo?

2. one thing to note is AC black flag is a RPG, this is a Naval Sandbox game

3. the other option would be empire total war esque, which imho would be way worse in a fun perspective.