Game-Labs Forum

Grand vs Individual Focus

TheCenturion

Hiya everyone! I've followed UG for sometime now after learning about it from the TWCenter forums, and I've got to say, this looks extremely promising. It's also particularly refreshing and exciting to know that a visionary developer such as Darth is at the reins. 

What I'm curious about is where the the focus of UG will lie. One of the issues I've had with the newer TW games is that far too much effort has been put into displaying high quality individual soldier vs soldier combat, while the grand strategy side of the game is still quite simple and dumbed down. Indeed, the only modern game I've played so far that offers a reasonable (if not insane) level of grand control is Histwar... yet that is borderline insanity to learn. :P

From what I've seen, UG focuses on larger scale formations and the overall layout of the battlefield over individual soldiers. I'm wondering what the exact focus is, from a developer? How will the game handle melee clashes? Is ammo handled by individual soldiers or entire brigades? 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a playthrough video. This will definitely be a game to watch! ;)