Game-Labs Forum

AI Scraps their entire fleets

In my recent game multiple AI opponents have scrapped the entirety of their fleets. They seem to be building replacements, however at the time i taken the screenshots all fleets except me and 2 AI are tiny.
Austria has literally 0 ships.

Spain scrapped their entire fleet while at war with me. (The war ended just a couple rounds before the screenshot, i went to check what everyone else is doing and noticed the anomalies with other AI).

I believe some of the recent AI optimization passes are causing the AI, to scrap ships too aggressively, before the replacements are ready.

I have mentioned the issue on reddit and someone said, they have seen similar behaviour, so i believe it's not just me:

This seems to happen in my recent campaigns too, even at the highest difficulty, all nations have a tiny fleet for their naval budget. The amount of ships in building is constantly double their active fleet for all nations

The game is vanilla, no mods, no tempering with the save games or any other nonsense.

This is the first time i see it happening, and my previous game was only a couple of months ago, around Feb / March this year, so i believe one of the recent patches must have introduced the issue.

I can provide the save if needed, but the forum will not allow to upload files other than images.

Screengrabs.webp

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened to my Austro-Hungary legandary campaign started from 1890.

All of a sudden, most nations scrapped their fleets around 1895-1900. There were no wars at all and I just kept building my fleet, then this happened. No mods.

Please do something.