Game-Labs Forum

Is there a way to declare war?

Jaf

First campaign, it's 1899 and no one is at war with anyone

I want to fight, I've tried provoking other nations and putting my fleets over their ports, nothing is happening

Is there an option to declare war somewhere?

Strictly speaking, you're the only option for declaring war... opposing countries can make rediculous demands that you can refuse by declaring war on them, but they can't do the same against you. But to initiate hostilities, you need to push your target's "tension" as close as you can to minus 100 by whatever means available to you. The only direct option available is under the politics tab... Increase Tension... seldom does much, and all it takes is a sneeze and you're right back where you started if they weren't proactively hostile against you previously. Short of that, there's calculated responses to some of the random stuff that pops up occasionally... not knowing who a certain admiral is, blaming a country for espionage, pouring scorn on another nation's navy etc. Be patient though... it takes frikkin years of poking the bear to drive tension down to where they're gonna throw that rediculous demand at you that allows you to respond by declaring war against them... Aint no Chamberlin's Note in this war...

Be careful what you wish for though... Just when you think you've engineered your own private global war, suddenly the whole frikkin planet's forming orderly queue's to come take a piece of your ass, and that causes things to go pear shaped in a hellova hurry thesedays.

• Like 3