Game-Labs Forum

FAQ - Main Post. The information will be updated as it becomes available.

hangmans_joke

What is "A Twisted Path To Renown" about?
Answer: "A Twisted Path To Renown" is an extraction-based first-person shooter game (for now) that offers players a unique and immersive experience of building their path to wealth, fame, and prosperity within battles and/or player-driven economics with deep and detailed customization mechanics.

Which platforms will the game be available on?
Answer: The game will be available on PC. And yes - we intend to make it available for consoles also, so we're exploring options for other platforms and will announce any updates as soon as possible.

When is the official release date for the game?
Answer: The official release date has not been announced yet as we don't consider possible postponing as a good measure. We continue working restlessly so you get the game as soon as possible. Stay tuned to our official channels for updates.

Are there any system requirements to play the game?
Answer: Detailed system requirements will be provided closer to the game's release. This part will be updated soon.

Will "A Twisted Path To Renown" have multiplayer options?
Answer: Yes. We're focused on delivering a rich multiplayer experience. You can choose whether you want to play alone, with your friends, or find your teammates online. 

Can I pre-order the game?
Answer: For now that option is unavailable, though it may be possible after the CBT, so please follow up on the information on our official platforms.

How is "A Twisted Path To Renown" different from your previous game, "This Land Is My Land"?
Answer: While both games are driven by player immersion, they are entirely different. "A Twisted Path To Renown" is an FPS that offers a whole new level of immersive environment. Unique items creating, surviving in raids while risking to lose everything, assistance or opposition of other players, strategical thinking and efforts made daily - all of these renown-path-building steps are mainly skill-based, but you'll also need a bit of fortune too. Whereas "This Land Is My Land" had a different focus.

How does the item crafting system work?
Answer: Players can obtain various materials, item parts, and tools by scavenging Raids. Later, in the Workshop section of their lobby, they can craft special guns, bullets, clothes, and other item types with better specs if all the crafting requirements are met, thus all counterparts are gathered. Then it's a Player who decides what to do with that item - either use it as a truly personalized and higher quality item or sell it to grab some cash.

Is the game open world or are there specific missions and campaigns?
Answer:
At the early release phase the game will be an extraction-based first-person shooter, so there will be Raids which can be called "specific missions" or "campaigns". But later on, the game will be added with new content and mechanics that will carry the game to a whole new level of immersion and authenticity.

How can I join the closed beta testing?
Answer: Fill in the Application form by the link provided in the CBT Announcement. We will be announcing sign-ups for the closed beta on our official channels soon.

Will the game be available in languages other than English?
Answer: We're aiming to support multiple languages, and specific languages will be confirmed later.

Are there plans for post-launch content or DLCs?
Answer:
Our focus is on delivering a complete and polished game at launch. But yes, plenty of ideas, areas, and mechanics that will be added later. You will be surprised.

How can I provide feedback or report a bug during the beta phase?
Answer:
We'll have a dedicated channel for feedback and bug reporting on our Discord server during the beta phase. If you're at the CBT, we hope you'll use it.

Who are the developers behind "A Twisted Path To Renown"?
Answer:
We are a group of addicted developers from Ukraine, the same team that brought you "This Land Is My Land". We're passionate about creating immersive gaming experiences for our community.

How can I stay updated with the latest news and announcements about the game?
Answer:
Follow our official channels, including our forum and Discord server, for the latest updates.

Will there be any microtransactions in the game?
Answer: Our primary focus is delivering a full gaming experience for everyone who purchases the game. So any possible microtransactions will not affect playability and give any advantages to players.

Can I stream or create content around "A Twisted Path To Renown" during the closed beta phase?
Answer: No. We'll provide guidelines for content creation closer to the beta phase.

Where can I connect with other players and fans of the game?
Answer: Our official forum and Discord server are great places to meet other fans and discuss the game.

DiscordForumFacebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube

• 2 months later...

Will this be a timed Extraction? I love Tarkov but the timer kills it for me in my opinion. I like to go slow and be stealthy instead of feeling like I am being rushed. Spawning with your friends together helped a lot though.

I also see that in the FAQ's it says "extraction-based first-person shooter game (for now)." What do you see as a possibility the game could change to if it's only an extraction-based-FPS for now? I understand it would not be guaranteed. It would just be some ideas Game-Labs would have in mind. Just curious if there are other modes than just Extraction. 

Lastely, how long will the CBT last for? I understand there will be other testings most likely though.

Edited by Chloe

On 11/7/2023 at 8:04 PM, Chloe said:

Will this be a timed Extraction? I love Tarkov but the timer kills it for me in my opinion. I like to go slow and be stealthy instead of feeling like I am being rushed. Spawning with your friends together helped a lot though.

I also see that in the FAQ's it says "extraction-based first-person shooter game (for now)." What do you see as a possibility the game could change to if it's only an extraction-based-FPS for now? I understand it would not be guaranteed. It would just be some ideas Game-Labs would have in mind. Just curious if there are other modes than just Extraction. 

Lastely, how long will the CBT last for? I understand there will be other testings most likely though.

Hey, Chloe!
Well, we tried to go diverse on those things. We didn't copy Tarkov although it is one of the genre benchmarks now, no argument here.
If it is a free extraction we're talking about - then the waiting gap could be much more than on some conditional/paid ones. 
If you go with a horse (imaginable) then you're really fast to escape. The boat (just as in real life) makes you work hard to escape and you cannot be quick enough just to disappear. The same with the people (NPC) helping you to escape - they can hide only one person (most of the time) so this variant fits only single players or the ones that should be prioritized within the groups.
"Extraction-based" and "for now" mean that now, when standing in front of the release - the game is mostly FPS extraction shooter (with lots of added crafting and progression mechanics, but anyways). Later on, we will make a huge update with a big new gaming area where you can dive into crafting, trading, building and start thinkiing even more strategically, so you won't name the game "Just FPS" anymore. The existing part will not change, no need to worry.

As for the CBT - it will last until the end of November, when we let all the enlisted people in, just before release!