Game-Labs Forum

Game will no longer launch

applegrcoug

Yesterday, after two years in my campaign, I was in a battle and the screen went blank; totally blank as in I couldn't exit or alt-tab to other programs.  I was forced to reset the system.  

After the subsequent restart, when I tried to restart the game, the screen flashes the start image for a split second and then was just blank again.  So I restarted the system and tried again.  Then when I restarted the game, the game restarted the system.

I tried verifying the integrity.  That didn't work. Tried installing the latest beta, and that didn't work.

Then I cleared out the settings.json, that didn't work.  Then I cleared out custom_battle_data.json and mission_data.json and the game was able to start normally.  However, within a few minutes of plying the screen goes blank again.

Next, I tried and uninstall, complete with deleting the registry entries and then reinstalling.  Same as before, within a few minutes screen goes blank.

System is a 5950x with a 3090, so I doubt it is and issue of being underpowered.

edit: figured it out.  had a damaged power connector to the gpu where any load greater than idle caused it to crash.

Edited by applegrcoug
solved