Game-Labs Forum

Post about 1.06

Another 1.06 post/essay.  

Ships-Designing.

Citadels are good but should be optional, or disabled on certain ships. Bit odd a 200 ton TB has one, and they do tend to screw with light ships a bit.  Of course it would only be optional in the literal sense for larger ships.

Guns. I said I think there's missed potential before, but without throwing the current system out I think that caliber should simply be a number you type in instead of a percentage thing.

And we still need choice in the model used.

Ships-Building

Individual slipways and building refit designs.   Helps prevent the AI from obliterating global steel reserves, so yes, it's totally related to 1.06.

Ships-Homeport

Ships and taskforces need a homeport they can set.  And ports need to be able to expanded manually as well, in big amounts at once, I'd love to have a non historical main base.

Ships-Politics.

As has been said, there's not much you can really do to change global politics.  Would be nice if there were more ways, not necessarily a guarantee for things to go your way, but still generally more.

Ships-War

Not much I have to say specifically here, just would be a bit nice if the scale of large wars was conveyed more.

Our ship has sailed from the gun factories to Buckingham palace, and now it sails to battle.

Ships-Battles.

The least that should be done here is vague doctrines which affect certain probabilities, (Mahanian, Jeune ecole, etc). But I think that they should have a proper overhaul for more choice and replayability.

Ships-Crew 

As said before, training and recruitment should be separated.

Ships-End.

• Like 1