Game-Labs Forum

Tonage balancing is just ridiculous.

DableUTeeF

It's 1940 French campaign and I have 32kts battleships, 37kts battlecruisers, and 35kts heavy cruisers. Whereas the Austro-Hungary has only destroyers above 32kts and everything else is slower than that.

My entire Mediterranean fleet (4 battleships, 5 battlecruisers, 3 heavy cruisers) was chasing a Austro-Hungarian task force consist of a battleship (23.5kts), 2 heavy cruiser (32kts), 2 light cruisers (31kts), and 9 destroyer from Sicily to south of Toulon then to Gibraltar and as shown in the picture back to north of Tunisia.

The 4 turns I was chasing them the mission didn't pop up but then somehow the Convoy mission showed up at Pula despite those ships were still at the south.

You should also be able to notice that sometime you can only use a portion of your task force to do something despite you have substantially more force over there. The game has a mechanic where, if your side has more than twice the tonnage of the enemy side the fight will never happen or happen with your force reduced.

This idea is beyond stupid. What's the point of having control of your fleet when some of them will magically disappear before the fight?

What kind of idiot would go into the fight only if they had a chance to lose and will never pick a fight that is guarantee to win? Instead making sure the fight is a win before it start?

Edited by DableUTeeF