Game-Labs Forum

Minimum Armor for Cruisers Early Eras?

Correct me if I am badly mistaken, but I feel that 3-4" early is a good minimum for CLs, and 5-8" for CAs (belt that is)? What kind of fore and aft schemes do you use? Conning Tower? What kind of guns do you try and proof against and at what ranges?

Edited by Littorio

• 1 month later...

depends, coal helps with floatability and armor, and works like it did for protected cruisers, i usually build mine with just .1 or .2 splinter protection  for early light cruisers (Protected Cruisers)

Edited by Candle_86

As a baseline and using my main gun, I try to armor from 0.5% accuracy to whatever I consider "close" for that era and gun. For really early, it might be down to 1000, while late game cruisers might be to 7500. Early-game I'll match CT to belt, late-game to deck.

After I finish designing the ship, then I'll throw the extra armor usually on the belt for cruisers.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:32 PM, Candle_86 said:

depends, coal helps with floatability and armor, and works like it did for protected cruisers, i usually build mine with just .1 or .2 splinter protection  for early light cruisers (Protected Cruisers)

Yes I am aware of coal's effect in reality, but I have never managed to see how this is quantified in game.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:27 PM, AurumCorvus said:

As a baseline and using my main gun, I try to armor from 0.5% accuracy to whatever I consider "close" for that era and gun. For really early, it might be down to 1000, while late game cruisers might be to 7500. Early-game I'll match CT to belt, late-game to deck.

After I finish designing the ship, then I'll throw the extra armor usually on the belt for cruisers.

Thanks for the info.

22 hours ago, Littorio said:

Yes I am aware of coal's effect in reality, but I have never managed to see how this is quantified in game.

Thanks for the info.

I have, tech up boilers and get to oil I but build Light Cruiser 2 but armor it just like you do with coal, you will notice it sinks alot easier, and it takes damage alot easier. 

• Like 1