Game-Labs Forum

Cannon Crew Effects

Hi all, been playing the game and have been trying out the cannon firing times using the Yacht.. These are the results as listed below.

4 lb approx 24 second reload 

4 lb Long approx 26 second reload 

6 lb approx 30 second reload 

6 lb long approx 32 second reload 

12 " Carronade approx 32 second reload

Great to see differences in reload speed however this got me thinking about the cannon crew. I was thinking that the crew should have a stamina (or something similar in concept) that gets reduced for the longer you are shooting your cannons. Again 4 lb cannons should cause less stamina to drop due to the lighter cannon balls. This would also have a cool down timer so if you did not fire for so many minutes that the stamina  would recover slowly (and quicker out of combat/not being fired upon). This would take into effect what loading those heavy cannonballs repeatedly impact would have on your cannon crewmembers and would make you more likely to try to use both left and right side batteries to reduce the stamina drop. You could then make the effects as follows. 

3/4 or more stamina - fires normal speed

1/2 to 3/4 - add 2 seconds to reload speed 

1/4 to 1/2 - add 6 seconds to reload speed 

less than 1/4 - add 10 seconds to reload speed

This would add an extra layer to firing cannons and not being able to repeatedly shoot multiple times in a row without  a consequence and  the bigger the cannon the more likely you are to get tired. You would get more and more tired as you had to load more and more cannons. Just my take. Let me know what you think.

Reisman17 

Good start.

You do know that you can also assign your crew to 3 different functions?

Your crew can be set to sailing, repairs, or guns.

You need to look at what you have your crew doing as that will make a big difference in the reload times, with guns giving you the fastest reload times.